Sheriff Steven W. Tompkins and the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department has joined forces with the National Sheriff’s Association and the Massachusetts Sheriff’s Association to provide emergency communications to victims of abuse in the community.
The Department is conducting a cell phone recycling fundraiser and we are simply asking you to help protect the environment by donating your used cell phone(s). Your donation will be used to help the community by providing much needed funds for our organization and emergency communications to victims of abuse through the 911 Cell Phone Bank program.
Sheriff Steven W. Tompkins and the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department would like to recognize the Network / La Red as the beneficiary of the proceeds of our participation in the cell phone program.
The Network/La Red has become a national resource and model for battered women’s programs, batterer intervention programs, and gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender organizations beginning to address battering in lesbian, bisexual women’s, and transgender relationships. In 1992, The Network/La Red began to offer free services and today these services have expanded to include a Hotline, Safe Home program, Advocacy program, and Organizing/Outreach program. All services are bilingual and wheelchair– & TTY-accessible.
911 Cell Phone Bank
The cell phone bank provides emergency cell phones at no charge to law enforcement and victim service agencies. As you can imagine the need for emergency communications is increasing. Currently, over 2000 cell phones a month are being distributed nationwide by the 911 Cell Phone Bank and its partners. Your donation will help them keep up with the increasing demand.
Drop Off Locations
- Suffolk County House of Correction – 20 Bradston Street, Boston, MA 02118
- Nashua Street Jail – 200 Nashua Street, Boston, MA 021140
- Civil Process Division – 151 Merrimac Street, Boston, MA 02114
- Sheriff’s Training Division – 180 Crescent Avenue, Chelsea, MA 02150
- Chelsea Community Cable – 317 Chestnut Street, Chelsea, MA 02150
- Revere TV – 385 Broadway, Suite 403, Revere, MA 02151
- WCAT – Winthrop Community Access – 165 Winthrop Street, Winthrop, MA 02152
We greatly appreciate your support!